Background

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

He knows me too well

So, I have hinted a few times at the difficulties I have faced over the past year. Well, last night was the first time that I truly felt God's presence in my life.

I was at my campus's Monday Night Worship (MNW) like any other Monday, but I was completely emotionless once I was put in an uncomfortable "situation" (leaving this unkown). This "situation" took me off guard and I felt a small panic attack coming on.

My dear friend began to pray over me as the music began to play after a time of community prayer. I was still fighting off the anxiety, until a song began to play that I have been desperately wanting to sing for awhile.

The guys leading worship were mashing up a few amazing songs, and very briefly they added in the chorus of Fire Fall Down by Hillsong United. My all time favorite song to praise God with.

It was in that 30 seconds to 1 minute of the chorus that my heart shifted. I was filled with the Holy Spirit and could lift my hands and praise His name. The God of Peace. God of Joy. My father.

I was reminded of His great love, and I couldn't believe the doubts I had that He wasn't working in my life. 

The night ended beautifully.

The best part was when I found out that Fire Fall Down playing was improvised. He knows me too well.


No comments:

Post a Comment