Background

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The Inspiration

I have officially joined the blogging world. And honestly, I am not sure how this works, but I had a strange desire to begin this journey.

I hope to use this blog as a chance to share life with people in my life. It's difficult to keep in touch with everyone in my life. So here is my chance to keep people close who may be miles away.

My friend Jenny O'Reilly inspired me to start this. Jenny was a dear friend of mine for the past four years. I met her in my senior youth group at Concordia Kirkwood church. She lit up the room every Sunday night at TAG (Teens About God). Her bubbly personality affected everyone she encountered. She had an infectious smile because God was/is the love of her life. She lived her faith out to the fullest every day.

In 2011 she was diagnosed with Leukemia at the age of 31. She was not one to ask "why" (that was not the case for me). Her faith was so strong and inspiring to not only me, but to many many people during her battle with cancer. Every morning and every night she had a routine of reading two verses to keep her heart in the right place.



"You do not want to leave too, do you?" Jesus asked the twelve.
Simon Peter answered him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. We believe and know that you are the Holy One of God."  
- John 6:67-69               

He must become greater; I must become less.
- John 3:30                    

I plan to tape these same verses to my mirror to start and end my days right. Like Jenny, I hope to live each day for Jesus Christ. 

As of December 29, 2012 she has been with her Lord and Savior in paradise. Her death was not an end, but a beginning. She died the day before her birthday, which kind of shows God's sense of humor because she spent her birthday in the arms of her Father.

 In this blog, I want to share my journey of hardship, happiness, and grace.

May Jenny's legacy live on through my life and all those who were close to her.

3 comments:

  1. this is awesome kari, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful, Karis. I look forward to reading. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless you Karis Ann. You too are an inspiration. Keep it up. You are a true blessing to all those you encounter.

    ReplyDelete