Background

Sunday, February 2, 2014

I don't have the power

It's been over 6 months from my last post, but lets be real...blogging is not my specialty.

Plus, senior year is full swing and approaching an end in a few short months.

Wow. Time flies.

I remember freshman year as if it were yesterday. The late night hangouts in the dorms, snow-apocalypse, dancing in the dorm kitchen while baking cookies, my first Rock Fall Retreat, recommitting me life to Christ, overcoming major anxiety, and finishing off the year by heading out to Colorado LT.

The memories are warm in my heart. I find myself smiling just typing them out, but if I typed them all you all would be Super bored.

College. It's been everything and more than what I expected it to be, but I'm ready for the next chapter.

Not going to graduate school for a Masters in Social Work was both a difficult and easy decision to make. It was difficult because I thought I would be disappointing a lot of people I care about. It was easy because I knew it was not what I truly wanted to do.

It became even easier once I found peace in my decision not to go. When I find peace in decisions, it's all God. I am very much anxiety-prone, and I know that those few times of peace [especially, in big decisions] that I have had do not come from myself. I do not have that power to give myself peace. No one does.

And I find so much comfort in that truth.

Graduation is coming up in 4 months, but I'm not scared. I thought because I chose the hard route that I would at least have anxiety about the job search, but that surprisingly has not been the case. And that's when I say: "God is so incredibly good."

He knows my worries about the future, but daily I am reminded to put my focus on Him.

“Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."
Matthew 6:34



No comments:

Post a Comment